WHSA Connecting Members Initiative
The Connecting Members Initiative Webinar was broadcasted live on the 31st of March at 2 pm GMT. The four organizations; The International Federation of Medical Students’ Association, the International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation, The International Association for Dental Students and The International Veterinary Students’ Association, participated together in this webinar. They presented the main fields of work for each organization and how you can connect with their members in the countries you are in.
FIP WC Student’s Package Registration Open!
The Registration for FIP student package is currently underway. If you intend to apply for the student package please be hurry to catch the chance to join this great event. The informations are described below in more detail.
- Online registration will be done with the google form (Registration Process in detail and the link in in the website in the ‘Online Registration Tab’)
- There is no quota. Both phase 1 and 2 will be on first come first served basis.
- The 1st Phase will be from 13th March until 2nd April and the 2nd phase will be from 3rd April until 5th May.
- Applicants will have 3 days for Confirmation Letter and 7 days for payment, after they get emails from S&YP JWG registration team accordingly.
- Registration fee would be 450 Euros for Full package and 250 Euros for selective package (Full Package excluding FIP WC registration fee) on Phase 1. And 500 Euros for Full package and 300 Euros for Selective Package on Phase 2.
2. Full Package
- FIP World Congress access
- 10th~13th September, 2017 (4 Nights in total; 10th, 11th, 12th 13th night)
- If the participants want to stay on 14th night, we can arrange it for them, but they have to pay on-site directly to the hotel. Participants can register additional nights before/after of the congress other than 14th, September.
- Breakfast included.
- 2 Night Events (Korean Night, International Night)
4. Official email accounts
- ‘firstname.lastname@example.org‘ will be an official email address for the student package 2017.
‘ will be an official email address for the as registration.
Inter-regional Patient Counseling Event Finals!
It is time for the Inter-regional Online PCE finals! Regional winners please find the google form posted and ensure to submit your forms by Tuesday, 4th April at 23:59 GMT. Please note that the final stage is only open to the five regional winners and Individual member winners. Please contact Ms. Riziki Mulimba at email@example.com or your Contact Persons for any questions. Best of luck!
Leadership Summer School
What is LSS?
Leadership Summer School is an intensive learning event and a networking platform, aiming at increasing skills and readiness of youth NGO leaders by sharing best practices and improving leadership skills. For more information on the project visit our website!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for 60 highly motivated and active students and young professionals who want to participate in a challenging learning event.
When and Where?
LSS2017 will take place in Budapest, Hungary from 15th to 24th July 2017.
What about the fee?
The fee will be 250 EUR for students and 350 EUR for working professionals which includes:
- food (3 meals per day + coffee breaks)
- transport for LSS activities
- some social activities
If selected to participate in the event, you will be requested to deposit 50% of the participation fee (250 EUR for students and 350 EUR for professionals) as a confirmation. This deposit is non-refundable. The pending amount can be paid before or at the event. Further details will be communicated after selection is over.
How to apply?
- 1) Fill out the LSS 2017 Application form
- 2) Send your CV in Europass format to contact@leadershipsummerschool .org
- Mail subject format: “[CV] [YOUR FULL NAME] [ORGANISATION]”
- Deadline to apply: 19th April, Saturday, 23:59 CEST
We are looking forward to reading your applications and if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to contact us:
- Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Health Campaigns
- World TB Day
- Women’s Day
The SEO Scoop
- SEP photo contest is still on till 15th April Make sure you post photo , tag #SEPfriendship and remind yourself and your friends on amazing memories from SEP adventure!
- Don’t forget to apply for the SEP grant to get some financial support for your SEP experience!
- SEP podcast #3 is out! Listen to it and learn which skills you can get or strengthen on SEP.
- LAST MINUTE SEP OPPORTUNITY FOR SUMMER 2017! After counting unused application forms around 70 applications are still free. If you are interested in going to Algeria, Togo, Rwanda, Armenia, Turkey, Indonesia, Slovakia, Zimbabawe, Jordan, Egypt, Tunisia, Sudan, Ghana, DR Congo, UAE and some other countries, for SEP, you still have chance. Please contact your SEO from your association and get more information on the procedure how to get spare application and how you can be chosen to go for SEP this summer.
- We’re currently accepting articles for our newsletter issue 8. Details here. Deadline: Tuesday, 11th April 2017 at 23:59 GMT+3
- KEPhSA, Kenya and PANS Nigeria are the 2017 hosts of TDC in AfRO.
- IPSF AfRO Call for First Essay Competition 2017. Deadline: 30th April 2017 23:59 GMT+0.
- KEPhSA, Kenya is the first round winner of the IPSF online PCE competition. They’re currently representing AfRO in the final (inter-regional) stage of the competition.
- Kenyatta University Pharmacy Students Association (KuPhSA) first edition of Pharm Journal is online:Download here.
- Blog stories from AfRO that you shouldn’t miss reading: one; two; three.
- APRO published an infographic series about depression in honor of World Health Day. Check it out on their Facebook Page!
- APRO Face-to-Face meeting occurred last weekend and the team is ready to meet everyone at APPS in July!
- Registration or APPS CLOSES Monday, 3 April! Don’t delay, register NOW!
- TDC – EMRO was a success! A big THANK YOU to our hosts, ATEP, Tunisia. Check out the TDC Highlight Reel to feel a bit of the TDC love!
- EMRO hosted an awesome World TB Day campaign; check out the video!
- EuRO is extending the deadline for the Regional Media and Publications Subcommittee until April 9th! Apply here.
- Preparations are underway for the 11th PARS! First phase of registration for 11th PARS in Mexico City, Mexico until April 15, so register NOW at facebook.com/parsmexico2017
- Check out the fourth issue of the PARO Newsletter!
- We want to know about your association’s activities and share it with the rest of the region! Let us know what your association has been up to through our PARO spotlight form here!