Dear pharmacy students and mates:
I´m Jorge Schlöttke, I´m a pharmacy student at the Universidad Nacional de San Luis, Argentina (actually in fourth grade of the career) and the first president and founder of the Asociacion de Estudiantes de Farmacia de la República Argentina, A.E.F.R.A.
When I found out about IPSF and saw that there was no associations representing the pharmacy students of my country I decided to create one. AEFRA was founded on October 15th of 2012 and it is a Legal Association since November 23rd of 2012.
In this first seven months of life of AEFRA we had make importants things, such as:
- “1° Ciclo de Conferencias para Estudiantes de Farmacia”: where we talked about pharmaceutical ambit, pharmaceutical laws and some conferences of pharmacological interest.
- “Programa AEFRA Solidario”: here our students take care of the most vulnerable sectors.
- “Programa AEFRA en las Escuelas”: we visit high schools to talk about rational use of drugs and Mal de Chagas (it is an endemic disease mainly in the center and in the North of our country).
For the upcoming future we are planning to present AEFRA at the General Assembly in the 59th IPSF World Congress. We are also working in our first congress setup, the “1° Congreso Argentino de Estudiantes de Farmacia” (CAEF), will be on November 7th , 8th and 9th at San Luis, Argentina, and I want to invite all of you to participate on it too.
I hope to meet in Utrecht, and there I will be able to tell you more about AEFRA, our teamwork and our activities.
Finally, I would like to tell other pharmacy students who are not members of IPSF or that does not have an association that:
- The way is not going to be easy, it will be hard and very difficult.
- The things are not going to run as you may firstly think.
- It totally worth to walk this way and you will achieve wonderful things if you fight with passion and love for what you do.
I guarantee you this things because it is what had happened to us. I send you a huge hug, best regards and I hope to meet you soon.
Que viva la Farmacia!!!!!!!!!!