What makes CPSA unique?
“Things I would like to highlight is that in last mandate we had the most organized public health campaigns (15 PHC) and we organized the first virtual congress with the theme ‘Dose of Pharmaceutical Future’. Students from over 40 countries participated in this congress. Last year we were recognised as the most active association in Online PCE and received the Sidney J. Relph award for most active association in the world. We’ve organized Patient Counselling Event and Clinical Skills Event. Last year we also started with a project called CPSApunčić. CPSApučić is held in kindergardens to teach children at young age about importance of personal hygiene. The name comes from Croatian word for little soap – sapunčić. This public health event last year was recognized by the University of Zagreb and won Rector’s Award.
Membership in CPSA is very affordable for our students, it is only 20 kn ( 2.67 €). Also every year we organize Annual Congress, it last for three days and our General Assembly in on the last day of Congress. Fee for the Congress is only 40 kn ( 5.33 €).
Our unique project is Virtual PharmaCon. In December 2016 we organized the second edition. This project aims to connect lecturers from a range of countries with students from all around the globe by utilizing the possibilities of modern technologies. We believe that these kind of projects will enable a better knowledge and information exchange among our colleagues, as well as an advancement of our profession. It enables participants to listen to great lectures from comfort of their home without paying any registration fee.”
– Iva Mitrović, Contact Person
Purpose statement of CPSA:
Croatian Pharmacy and Medical Biochemistry Students’ Association (or shortly, CPSA) is independent non-profit association. It has been founded in 1994 at the initiative of the Student Council. At first the aim was simply the improvement of students’ life by connecting them in an association where they could change ideas, but in the following years CPSA grew bigger and expanded its field of work. CPSA is the only association representing pharmacy and medical biochemistry students in Croatia; including two schools – one in Zagreb and the other one in Split. Consisting of 150 members, CPSA organizes fundraising activities and primarily promotes education of its students on regional level by informing them on topics regarding profession, health, news and current issues from the field of biomedical sciences through meetings and public campaigns. As an independent association, CPSA exercises cooperation with partners in both country and the world with the aim of realization of various projects and campaigns.
- President: Bruno Rački (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: Jelena Kurija (email@example.com)
- EPSA Liaison Secretary (LS): Marin Tušinec (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IPSF Contact Person (CP): Iva Mitrović (email@example.com)
- Student Exchange Officer (SEO): Tajana Iva Pejaković (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Commisioner for Advertising and Sponsorship: Sara Šipicki (email@example.com)
- Petra Neralić (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mia Šojat (email@example.com)
- Stjepan Perić (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- IMP Coordinator: Marin Vrhovac (email@example.com)
- TWINNET Coordinator: Marin Vrhovac (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Publications Coordinator: Severina Jajčević (email@example.com)
- LEO Zagreb: Jelena Mišić (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- CSE Coordinator: Luka Bender (email@example.com)
- PCE Coordinator: Dalia Vađunec (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- PHC Zagreb: Jelena Durbek (email@example.com)
- IT Coordinator: Karlo Žili (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General Contact for Split/PHC: Tomislav Marković (email@example.com)
- LEO Split: Marija Vladović (firstname.lastname@example.org)