The World Healthcare Students’ Symposium (WHSS) is the world’s biggest health students’ conference. It is held every 2 years and Rwanda is the proud host of its 7th edition to be held on November 23-27 in Kigali. The theme is: “Towards the SDGs agenda 2030: The role of a multidisciplinary approach in healthcare.” The conference aims at creating a global platform for discussions and common understanding of shared values and responsibilities for healthcare professionals. Registration will open soon! For more information, visit the event website.
Policy Brief on Migration and Youth
IPSF worked with WHSA Partners on a Policy Brief on Migration and Youth to be presented at the 2nd Global Consultation on Migrant Health, 21-23 February 2017 in Srilanka.
FIP WCPPS 2017
Registration for the 77th FIP World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences is open! This year’s theme is ‘Medicines and Beyond! The Soul of Pharmacy.” FIPWCPPS will be taking place from 10-14 September in Seoul, Republic of Korea. Find more information on their website. Early bird registration ends 1 March so do not delay!
Public Health Campaigns
The SEO Scoop
- Winners of SEP photo contest #1:
- ASEPA, Algeria
- ARPEC, Algeria
- EPSF, Egypt
- **Album with photos can be seen here.
- There will be additional placements from March from the application form reallocation program (AF-RP). If you didn’t have chance to go on SEP and you wanted to, this might be your chance. Check with your SEO if there can be additional SEP application form for you and which countries are offering additional placements.
- statistical data (24.2.2017)
- RESERVED: 521
- APPROVED: 375
- PLACED: 126
- SUCCESSFUL: 8 (WINTER SEP)
- Don’t forget to read SEP love stories under SEP Newscast and see how IPSF and SEP are connecting people from all around the world!
- This year Ms. Yasmin Nasr Eldin, IPSF Affiliation Coordinator for the 2016-2017 mandate had decided to initiate an idea for motivating our IPSFers by sending them back in time to the powerful history of IPSF; making them live in the past history and moments. The goal was to engage and promote HLMs. HLMs (Honorary Life Members) are the IPSF members who have been honored to have life memberships. Some challenges faced include: how to reach the HLMs, especially those from decades ago (it’s like searching for gems in big deserts), how to motivate them to be involved again with us even if they are busy, and another many issues of reaching them. We are excited to share this project with you. The project was conducted on FaceBook, and the results can be seen here.
- So far we have received interest in membership applications from 13 associations. (4 from AfRO, 2 from APRO, 1 EMRO, 1 EuRO and 5 PARO). We have already received completed applications from 2 associations (from APRO and EMRO) It looks like the IPSF family is on track to grow even larger this year!
APPS Registration is now open! Find information about APPS and the registration process on their FaceBook page!
EMRO: Two meetings, One place!
From the 17th to the 19th of February, EMRO Regional Working Group (RWG) held their face-to-face meeting in Cairo, Egypt. During this meeting, members of the RWG discussed and planned EMRO projects and initiatives for the rest of the mandate.
This meeting was also the opportunity for the EMRO RWG to meet with WHO EMRO representatives at the WHO EMRO Headquarters in Cairo in order to discuss future collaborations between IPSF EMRO and WHO EMRO.
EuRO held a series of webinars on 21 and 22 February by a number of prominent female scientists and international organization representatives. With it, we hope to empower our students by giving them new knowledge and even assist them in their search for personal interests.
IPSF PARO would like to share our region’s IPSF-related campaigns and experiences on Facebook with our new PAROspotlight initiative! We know our members and associations are hosting amazing events, and we would love to showcase what you’ve been doing to the rest of the world. Get started by filling out the form.